Organization and committee member of conferences and schools
- Chair of the conference “Trends in MAGnetism”, 7-11 September 2020 Cefalù(PA), Italy
- Chair of the “6th Italian Conference on Magnetism, MAGNET 2019”, 30Jan – 1Feb 2019, Messina, Italy
- Chair of the conference “Annual Meeting of the IEEE Magnetic Society – Italy Chapter “, 3-6 June 2018 Gioiosa Marea (ME), Italy.
- Co-Chair of the conference “2nd Advance in Magnetism”. AIM 2018. La Thuile 4-7 February 2018.
- Co-Chair of the conference “Frontiers in Brain Inspired Computing: Magnetism meets Topology” IEEE Magnetic Society. Messina, Italy, 26-28 July 2017.
- Co-Chair of the conference “Frontiers in Magnetism II” IEEE Magnetic Society. Messina, Italy, 15 June 2016.
- Member of the Steering Committee of the conference series Advances in Magnetism (AMAG). Organizer of the special session about “Micromagnetics of multiphysics spin-dependent phenomena toward petascale micromagnetic solver” of the AIM 2016.
- General chair for the conference “9th International Symposium on Hysteresis Modeling and Micromagnetics”. Taormina (ME), Italy, 13-15 May 2013 (http://ww2.unime.it/hmm2013/).
- Co-Chair of the conference “Frontiers in Magnetism” IEEE Magnetic Society. Messina, Italy, 17-18 June 2010.
- Member of the Organizing Committee of the School NATO ASI. Magnetic nanostructures for micro-electromechanical systems and spintronic applications. Catona (RC), Italy, 2-15 July 2006.
- Member of Organizing Committee of Scientific Conference ET2002. Messina, Italy, 27-29 June 2002.
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Italian Association of Magnetism.
- Member of the Steering Committee of the conference series Hysteresis Modeling and Micromagnetics (HMM).
Session chair for several conferences: INTERMAG, HMM, ISMANAM. Vice-coordinator of the Magnetism Laboratory at University of Messina, Italy. I’m co-author of more than 140 international journals, 150 contributions at International conferences.
January 2019: H-index 28. Number of citations >2500.
Senior Member IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers). 12/2012 – to date.
Associate Member IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers). 01/2006–11/2012.
Student Member IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers). 08/2003–12/2005.
Referee of International Journals
ACS Nano. Physical Review Letters. Physical Review B. Journal of Applied Physics. Applied Physics Letters. IEEE Magnetics Letters, IEEE Trans. on Magnetics. IEEE Trans. on Fuzzy Logic. IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics. IEEE Trans. on Nanotechnology. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. Physica B-Condensed Matter. Signal Processing (Elsevier). Applied Mathematical Modelling. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics. ChemComm.
Referee of International Projects
- Referee of Chilean National Science and Technology Commission – Chile
- Referee of research projects for National Research Council – ROMANIA.
- Referee of research projects for “City University of Hong Kong” – Hong Kong.
- Referee for the Research Foundation – Flanders (Fonds Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek – Vlaanderen, FWO) – Belgium.
- Referee of Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) – Germany
- Referee of research projects for Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) Div. Mathematics, Physical and Engineering Sciences – Switzerland
- Reviewer for the Nottingham Research Fellowship program at University of Nottingham (UK).
- Reviewer for the Czech Science Foundation (Czech Republic)
- Reviewer for the French National Research Agency (France)
Since 2015 – Associate Editor of Scientific Reports (Nature Publishing Group) (IF 5.6).
Since 2017 – Editorial Board Senior Member of IEEE Magnetics Letters (IF 1.93). 2014-2016 – Editorial Board Member of IEEE Magnetics Letters (IF 1.69).
Editorial Board Member of the IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON MAGNETICS, VOL. 47, NO. 5, MAY 2011.
Guest Editor “Magnetic Nanostructures for Micro-Electromechanical Systems and Spintronic Applications: Lectures” (Vol. 1) and “Magnetic Nanostructures for Micro-Electromechanical Systems and Spintronic Applications: Students” (Vol. 2). ISBN 88-8296-209-1 – Falzea Editore – July 2006
This book includes the lessons of the lecturers and the student contributions of “School NATO ASI. Magnetic nanostructures for micro-electromechanical systems and spintronic applications”.