The Italian Magnetism Association AIMagn (website) supports, promotes and develops national research on magnetism, magnetic materials and their applications in collaboration with universities and public bodies.
AIMagn is a non-profit organization and with a strong interdisciplinary nature .
- To support the coordination between research bodies, universities and other national and international organizations through joint projects, conferences, and any other type of scientific initiative in the field.
- To promote the formation of young researchers through the organization of thematic schools and by promoting exchanges between research groups
- To promote the industrial and technological applications of magnetism.
- To provide qualified technical and scientific advice to organizations and enterprises on magnetism and related applications
- To support the development of large facilities of interest for magnetism (neutron sources, synchrotron light, strong magnetic fields, free-electron laser, etc.)
- To disseminate about all types of national and international events about magnetism
- To promote popular science on magnetism, magnetic materials and their applications